Process for using the CNC Router for Students, Faculty and Staff
Think of the CNC router as a 2.5D printer. The CNC router can engrave, create recesses and cut out objects in a variety of materials. Use of the CNC router is similar to how you would utilize the Print Center.
Before you get started, you need to know the size limits of the machine.
The maximum size is 22” x 30”
Please follow the steps below:
1. Prepare your work as black and white vector pdf, scaled to the correct size.
2. It must be vector, not pixels / bitmap (jpeg, gif, png).
3. Go to AppointmentQuest to book a 30 minute appointment with Brad Smith.
4. Email your pdf file to Brad (firstname.lastname@example.org) a minimum of 12 hours prior to your consultation appointment.
5. Important -
6. At your appointment we will review the design. If changes need to be made, you
will repeat steps 1 -
7. Once the file is approved, your project will be scheduled and you will be notified by email when it is complete.
8. There is a $20 per hour charge for machine set-
9. The same fee applies to time spent “fixing” files that don’t meet the criteria stated above.
10. These charges are in addition to any materials purchased from the woodshop.
*This applies to faculty, staff and students